Sunday 13 April 2008

McQ: Is it time to get the sextant out?????

Poor old Alex, he isn't very amused at Poot No1 failing. We are now using Poot 2 (of 3!!!)Unfortunately we are not IT geeky enough to know why it had a tantrum but I do know that computers and sea don't work happily together, ever. Still, pretty unhelpful of it all round. I think I like this one better though, the keys are bigger and you don't kwwp preddong the wrong ines in the swekk.

My first reaction was, not to worry, people have been going to sea for centuries without computers- we have the paper charts and can navigate our way no problem. Alex agreed of course but he has got himself worked up about emails etc and communicating with the outside world. It seems that Alex and Petes trip just unfolded and turned into something special for those following as it continued. I get the impression that this time round there is a certain level of expectation, even if for the most part, that is just in our mind. As we have said we haven't achieved anything yet: we will get to where we are going when we get there!!! If for any reason we don't get to where we aimed for, I don't think of it as a failure, just one of those things that happen. A bit like the first Sydney Hobart race I attempted, we had to retire, I was gutted, but these things happen. (This email is obviously based at the three people who are actually following us, despite our delusions of self importance, to think there might be others!!!!)

I guess I am trying to say that if for any reason we lose our communication ability we will do our best to sort it but if we can't you three out there will have to wait for one GIANT blog from wherever we end up!!! (bad luck!!) So if that happens, please be patient, if only so I can reassure Alex that you are being and we can stop stressing and keep trying to achieve our goals...

In the meantime we will write as much drivel as we can... and undoubtedly more than anyone wants to read!!!!

This is all a bit serious so I should mention the weird weird clouds that were about today- first of all the sky was covered in long thin wisps, like jellyfish tentacles, then these turned into one giant cauliflower, that exploded!!! Little bits of cauliflower all over the sky!!! (its true, its true!!!) and left behind a big strawberry wearing sunglasses. Bonkers!!! (the clouds, not me)

Thanks and lots of love
MCQ

Ps Kimbra, which bag do I open for the in-house IT technician????